Thursday, March 06, 2008

Your First (and Last) Chance for an Early Easter

From "You'll never live to see another Easter this early" by Bill Ellis of ASSIST News Service:

Easter cannot be any earlier than March 22 or any later than April 25. The last time Easter was as early as March 23 was in 1913. I have read that the next time it will be on March 23 will be 2160. Enjoy it this year because you will not live long enough to celebrate another Easter this early in the year.

The last time it was observed on March 22, the earliest possible date, was in 1818 and it will not happen again until 2285. Nobody is alive who was living the last time or will be alive when it happens again. The last time the latest possible Easter fell on April 25 was in 1943. It will happen again in 2038.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone should let the bunny rabbit know it has to go to work early this year.

Holly said...

Most definitely--I want my Peeps!

Anonymous said...

Holly

As you know, I spent Easter with an old college friend. Didn't do anything particularly spiritual or Christian, but realizing I've spent the earliest Easter I will ever have catching up with someone I had not seen in years, well--I guess that makes it special enough.

Racq