Friday, July 31, 2009

Too Sexy for Church?

Holly's latest blog entry on Today's Christian Woman magazine's website is now up:

Too Sexy for Church?
Struggling with the "appropriateness" of my outfits

Ever have one of those days where you open your closet, and there isn't one appropriate outfit to wear? That's been my experience every Sunday morning for the past month. Suddenly, I can’t seem to find anything to wear to church. Skirts that I've worn for months or years now seem too short, too tight, too thin, or too flashy. Every top seems either to show too much skin, or have too much detail around the neckline, or just to fit me a little too nicely. And in my mind, my shoes are either too high, too strappy, or too revealing, what with my heel being exposed and all. I’ve also eschewed wearing anything with sequins, beading, lace, bows, ruffles, or elaborate stitching—because in my mind, these trims now scream, “Look at me! I’m excessive and flamboyant!”

In short, I’d concluded I didn’t have any “appropriate” worship-wear. Just as I planned to run out and buy a whole new wardrobe, a thought hit me: What has happened that’s made me now perceive my clothes as too showy and sexy? ...

FULL STORY: http://blog.todayschristianwoman.com/walkwithme/2009/07/too_sexy_for_church.html

No comments: