Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Another Year Older ... And Hopefully a Wee Bit Wiser

Some thoughts from H's journal:

"This year I turn 32. I think of Jesus entering his final year of ministry--and of his life. God, please give me a sense of urgency. Please remind me there are no guarantees of any tomorrows. Please help me to live as if it's the last moment to offer a kindness, the last opportunity to reach out to someone in need, my last chance to tell someone about the difference you can make in their life." ...

"Many of my close friends experienced the loss of a loved one this last year. I know that could be my experience, too, at any time. Thank you, God, for an appreciation of how much the people you've put into my life mean to me. I'm thankful for each day of life you've given me with them." ...

"Thank you for your perfect gifts to me. Thank you for my good life with my good husband. Thank you for my supportive family. Thank you for close friendships. Thank you for a church where I can feel comfortable learning about you." ...

"Thank you, God, for the prospect of another year."

No comments: