Monday, October 22, 2007

Harry Potter Author Says Christianity Inspired Her Books

"On any given moment if you asked me if I believe in life after death, I think if you polled me regularly through the week, I think I would come down on the side of yes - that I do believe in life after death. But it's something I wrestle with a lot. It preoccupies me a lot, and I think that's very obvious within the books."

--J.K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter series. Last week, Rowling said Christianity had inspired her books. Rowling was raised in the Anglican tradition and is currently a member of the Church of Scotland. Some Christian writers have long noted religious references in the Harry Potter books, while others have denounced them as bathed in the occult and inappropriate for children.
FULL STORY:
J K Rowling: 'Christianity inspired Harry Potter'

No comments: