Saturday, May 17, 2008

Vatican Welcomes ET Into the Fold

Father Gabriel Funes, director of the Vatican Observatory, says it's possible intelligent beings exist in outer space.

Funes' article, "Aliens Are My Brother," was recently published in the official Vatican newspaper. Funes says belief in aliens doesn't contradict belief in God, since aliens would be part of God's creation.

Some years ago, my husband and I were watching a documentary about UFOs on the SciFi channel. I'd never given any thought to whether aliens exist, but my ears perked up when a Christian theologian said that if aliens were discovered in outer space, their planets would be a new place where Christians should take the gospel. The words popped out of my mouth, "Honey, I could be an alien missionary!"

So if we ever do make first contact, I guess I've got my calling.

Full Story:
Vatican Says Aliens Could Exist

No comments: