Can a Diverse Church Be Unified?
To be healthy as a body, we need to start making The Other feel like The Every.
Check it out, then come back to H-n-T and think about the following questions. I'd love to hear your thoughts!
1) Do you believe racial insensitivity happens within the Christian community?
2) When you've seen hurts occur, who was blamed? Was it the person who was hurt ("You're too sensitive") or the person who caused the hurt ("Why can't you be more sensitive?")?
3) Has anyone ever said something hurtful to you, then apologized by saying, "I didn't know that would hurt you"? If so, did you explain why you were hurt? Or, have you said something to another person, not realizing it was hurtful to them? If so, did they explain why they were hurt?
4) Is it easy or difficult for you to explain when you've been hurt?
5) What can we do to prevent hurts from occurring within the Christian community?
6) Describe how you see the church's role in racial reconciliation.